The Bible is the basis of all we believe. Our emphasis as a church is to learn what the Bible says and then grow in our application of the Bible for every area of our lives
“ … everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Romans 15:4
Here is a brief statement of our doctrine. If you have a question about any area of doctrine, please contact us for explanation.
1. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, supernaturally inspired, so that it is inerrant in the original manuscripts and preserved by God in its verbal, plenary inspiration, so that it is the divinely authoritative standard for every age and every life.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in God as absolute and sole Creator of the universe, and that creation was by divine spoken command, not through evolutionary process.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man, that He was born of a virgin and that He lived a sinless life; that He was crucified,died as a penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead bodily on the third day. Later He ascended to the Father’s right hand where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers, and from whence He is coming again personally, bodily, visibly to this earth to set up His Millennial kingdom.
5. We believe that salvation with its forgiveness of sins, its impartation of a new nature and its hope of eternal life, is entirely apart from good works. It is of pure grace. The faith in Christ that saves is a gift from God and is always evidenced by a changed life and spiritual fruit.
6. We believe that a true believer is eternally secure, that he cannot lose his salvation but that sin may interrupt the joy of his fellowship with God and bring the loving discipline of his Heavenly Father.
7. We believe in two prerequisites to church membership: salvation and baptism by immersion subsequent to salvation.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, is God and possesses all the divine attributes. He indwells all believers, baptizes and seals all believers at the moment of their salvation, and fills and controls them in response to confession of sin and yielding to Him.